Dalco has been installing fireproofing systems for over 8 years and our services have been known for installing systems with exceptional thermal performance, superior durability, and ease of application. A team of highly experienced technical, field professionals and certified applicators are ready to start work at your facility to apply one of our fireproofing systems that include;
- Light Weight Cementitious fireproofing & Dense Concrete
- Form & Pour
- Epoxy Systems
- Spray / Trowel Applications
Dalco employs certified applicators of light weight cementitious, dense concrete, and epoxy fireproofing systems. These systems improve your ratings for fire hazard and decrease the ability for corrosion to exist and spread. This is accomplished as our processes include the most up-to-date technology and methods available
Fireproofing Options Details
It’s necessary for your facility to have some degree of fire resistance. This is achieved by the application of a certification-listed fireproofing system to structures and equipment. These structures then have a fire-resistance rating. The term “fireproofing” may be used in conjunction with standards, as reflected in common North American construction specifications. An item classed as fireproof is resistant in specified circumstances and may burn or be rendered inoperable by fire exceeding the intensity or duration that it is designed to withstand.
Light Weight Cementitious
Lightweight cementitious fireproofing products employ lightweight aggregates such as vermiculite, perlite, and diatomite in place of usual sand, stone, and gravel as in concrete. These cementitious products are a form of concrete. They are much lighter in weight due to their aggregate make up. Most applications for lightweight cementitious products are for steel structures, LPG tanks, and pressure vessels.
Application Methods: Pneumatic, Spray and Hand Troweled
There are a few different ways in which the fireproof coating can be applied to a surface. One of the most common and popular ways is to apply the coating pneumatically. Pneumatic systems rely on air power to spray the substance into place.
Spray methods for application are very popular and desirable because of the range of flexibility and ease that they offer. This helps ensure that every part of the area is effectively protected and that no crucial places have missed coating. They also tend to offer an advantage in terms of speed of use and efficiency.
The use of a hand trowel in the application of the coating is often beneficial because it allows the person doing the work to be more precise by applying a more uniform layer of coating. This is helpful whenever precision is needed and is often the method of choice if the surface needs to also be aesthetically pleasing.
Dalco By BrandSafway is able to provide customers with key historical information regarding past projects, as well as agreed upon KPI’s throughout a project. This information helps ensure everyone involved in a project is focused on the schedule, following a clearly defined critical path and maintaining important priorities.
These details provide the capability to identify and proactively eliminate any potential issues. Dalco BrandSafway tracks and reports: equipment, location and inventory; labor schedules; inspection information; performance; timetables and costs. Every aspect of a project is carefully monitored and measured to ensure that we deliver clear visible value in the most efficient manner possible – and this is how:
- Engage customers and contractors during the planning and scheduling process.
- Utilize a disciplined workforce planning methodology to maximize tool time.
- Leverage of the largest engineering staff in the industry to design the most efficient solutions.
- Provide the largest equipment inventory and offering more products and services.
- Offering a solid estimate up front and monitoring costs throughout a project.
- Provide industry-specific and experienced management and training.
- Minimize safety exposure hours.
- Apply the experience and knowledge of our award-winning safety team and a dedicated training university.
- Driving the project schedules whenever possible.
- Utilizing the logistical convenience of the largest and most extensive branch network.
- Tracking and measuring every aspect of a project, before, during and after its completion.
We are your one company, one source for fireproofing systems installation.